Meet Your Providers
All our professionals maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
R. Makala Anders, MD, FAAD
Dr. R. Makala Anders sees patients with all types of skin concerns in the Sonoma and Napa clinics. In addition, he has received extra training and expertise in dermatologic surgery including Mohs surgery. Mohs micrographic surgery is the most effective and state-of-the-art procedure for skin cancer today, which offers the highest potential for recovery - even if the skin cancer has been previously treated by another method and recurred.
Dr. Anders is board certified by the American Academy of Dermatology and is a member of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. For a physician to become board certified, the physician must complete a three-year residency in dermatology and pass a rigorous two-part test administered by the American Board of Dermatology.
- M.D. Loma Linda University, School of Medicine
- Surgery Internship: Dr. Anders completed a one year surgical internship at University of Hawaii
- Residency: Loma Linda University, Department of Dermatology Chief Resident
- Board Certified by American Academy of Dermatology
- Dr. Anders received additional training in Mohs surgery, and performs Mohs Surgery for Napa and Sonoma County patients.
Katherine Wilkens, PA-C
Katherine Wilkens, PA-C, is a board-certified Physician Assistant and has been working in dermatology for over 12 years. A Physicians Assistant is a healthcare professional licensed to practice medicine with the supervision of a licensed physician. Physician Assistants participate in a variety of medical treatment including conducting physical exams, diagnosing and treating illnesses, ordering and interpreting tests, assisting in surgery, and writing prescriptions.
Katherine Wilkens earned her masters in Physician Assistant practice at USC, Keck School of Medicine and has been working in the field of dermatology for ten years.
- Physician-Assistant-Certified (PA-C)
- Member of the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- Member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the California Academy of Physician Assistants